Monday, December 24, 2012

Monday

(Try to find a church you like.)

Yesterday, we attended church.  My pastor is the best. He played the electric mandolin while the rest of us sang Christmas carols.  How's that for service?

The guy graduated from Yale.  Normally, I'm unimpressed with the Ivy League Mafia.  But this man's knowledge of the bible is second to none.  And his sermons are very Christocentric.  All paths lead to the savior--even when reading the Old Testament.

We went to McDonald's.  I wanted Korean barbecue. However, money's a little tight due to the holiday season. No big deal.  I like McDonald's.

I had a Quarterpounder and French fries while the Children of the Rice ate McNuggets.  The Dragon Lady abstained.  She doesn't enjoy fast food.

We drove back to our Soviet-style concrete tenement.  I watched a movie called Bird.  Talk about a downer.  

Clint Eastwood is a great director.  Nevertheless, Bird is a tough film to sit through.  Watching a man destroy himself with heroin just isn't a lot of fun.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  It's important to kneel when praying. The gesture symbolizes submission.

I fell asleep at 1 a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 9 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the newspaper.

Atlanta has home field advantage throughout the NFC playoffs.  My money is still on Green Bay.  The Packers will lose to the Broncos in the upcoming Super Bowl.  But what do I know?

It's currently 1:20 p.m.  Time for a walk.  

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, and u said newt would win

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct.

      Predicting stuff is not my forte.

      Actually, I don't have a forte.

      I'm forte-less.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.