Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Tuesday

(Merry Christmas)

Yesterday, I hiked five miles to my favorite restaurant.  I ate two pieces of pumpkin pie, then washed them down with a can of Dr. Pepper.  The meal came to five dollars.

I walked to a local PC room.  I enjoy messing around on the internet.  I often visit Zerohedge.  Waiting for the global economy to collapse is a hobby of mine.

I returned to my Soviet-style concrete tenement at 5 p.m.  I was mean to Bruce, my youngest son.  He celebrated his fifth birthday ten days ago.

Bruce was running around the apartment.  When I asked him to stop, he kicked me.  So I threatened to call Santa. He started crying.  

I don't feel the least bit guilty.  Cry me a river, little boy.

I watched the season finale of Homeland.  Talk about a great show.  Brody is now on the run.  The government thinks he blew up a CIA building.

I prayed to the Christ God.  I said the Our Father on bended knees.  I refuse to go through life as a misguided nihilist.  Goodness exists in the form of God.

I fell asleep at 10 p.m.  I woke up at 7 a.m.  It's Christmas morning here on the peninsula.  The Children of the Rice opened their presents.  The Dragon Lady took pictures.

The holiday isn't very popular in South Korea.  The majority of the country is still Confucian.  And that's cool. There's no stress.

We didn't have to spend a million dollars on gifts.  Nor shall we eat turkey or ham.  In fact, our dinner will take place at Burger King.  My wife doesn't feel like cooking.

Christmas is a celebration of the rabbi.  Plain and simple.  We turn our faces to the mysterious night sky and shout, "Glory to God in the highest.  Peace on Earth. Good will to men."

Let me leave you with Genesis 3.  God makes a wonderful promise regarding sin.  He says that Eve's offspring will come and crush the head of the serpent.

Well, the Lord's words are true.  Jesus has killed the snake.  So let's keep Christ in our hearts.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless you all.

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I erased your comment by accident.

      Sorry.

      Technology isn't my forte.

      In fact, I don't have a forte.

      I'm forte-less.

      Delete
  2. I always come to your blog when I see your posts on zh. There's something about you man. Keep doing what you're doing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your writing style. Concise, funny, and spiritual. Keep on worshipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I hope you have a great Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Liked your blog. I have similar type Blog
    preparedchristian.blogspot.com
    keep the faith brother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment.

      I'm gonna check out your blog.

      Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Smith. I'm happy to have found your blog again. I had missed the pithy humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have you back.

      Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely. Doing God's work. Unlike Lloyd Blankfein.

      Delete
  6. Are you as kind to your son as Christ would be to you? I somehow doubt it. Christ didn't cause tears to kids. He loved them unconditionally. You must have missed that in the big black book. A five-year old can't kick that hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct.

      I will have to try harder.

      Peace.

      Delete
  7. Isnt South Korea experiencing a revival because of people repenting en mass? Aren't there vast house churches all over? I'm wondering because you said most of the country is still Confucist?
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. South Korea has the highest percentage per capita of Christians in all of Asia.

      Nevertheless, Christians still represent less than 30 percent of the population--if my figures are correct.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.