Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday

(The Dragon Lady Likes Outback.)

Yesterday, I hiked ten miles through the rice paddies.  The experience was silent and blissful.

I live in a Soviet-style concrete tenement with a wife and two sons.  My apartment is a cramped noisy hovel.  So I appreciate a little tranquility from time to time.

I stopped at a restaurant.  I ate two pieces of pumpkin pie.  I washed them down with strong coffee.  I very much enjoy pumpkin pie.  Perhaps I'm a rube.

I took the family to Outback.  My sons and I had barbecue ribs.  The Dragon Lady went with the shrimp spaghetti.  The meal came to seventy-one dollars.

I prefer eating at small Korean restaurants.  But my wife--a Korean--doesn't like Korean food.  She finds western fare more appealing.

I took a nice hot shower.  It was marvelous.  Two favorite poets popped into my feverish mind--William Carlos Williams and Robert Frost.

These artists found meaning and excitement in the most pedestrian events.  They taught me that eating plums and talking with your neighbors are serious matters.

And that's what I intend to do with this blog.  Every day, I shall celebrate the mundane until I keel over from a heart-attack or collapse due to a massive stroke.

I prayed to the Christ God. I said the Our Father

What I love about Jesus Christ is that he takes away our burdens.  He teaches us how to pray so we don't have to spend tons of time finding the correct words.  He's a king, but he's a king who serves.

I went to bed at 9 p.m.  I woke up at 6 a.m.  That's a lot of sleep.  I feel good.

It's currently 6:50 a.m.  I'm drinking coffee and writing in this stupid blog.

Today I shall walk another ten miles.  Then the family and I will go to church.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

18 comments:

  1. I get on my knees to pray. It takes away my craziness and instills in me serenity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you 100 percent.

      The power of prayer is amazing.

      Delete
  2. How long have you lived in Korea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still wish you would get that The Lord pray is a pattern of how we should pray and not something to be repeated like Catholics do. Old dog new tricks.... James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree with you. That doesn't mean you're wrong. You might be correct. I just don't see it your way.

      I believe literally in what Jesus said. He clearly teaches his followers how to pray. I'm just a humble servant. I do what I'm told.

      Again, I might be wrong. What do I know?

      Delete
  4. God doesn't believe in me and I reciprocate.

    It's 9:45 AM and I'm drinking a strong, hot coffee and typing in your not-so-stupid blog. And ahl be bach.

    Have a grand day sire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you're wrong, Barry.

      God does believe in you. You exist. How could He not believe in you?

      Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy chatting.

      I'm marvelous that way.

      Delete
  5. I have gotten closer to my Higher Power since joining the triangle in the circle thing. 78 days, and He has made it possible.

    Good luck with your blog, I am sort of similar in a way to you in that my wife is from Peru, and NO WAY would I want it differently!

    You are in Korea, where our two biggest suppliers are (auto parts for Peru). Drop me a line sometime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Robert.

      All the best to you and your wife.

      Delete
  6. I kind of miss the drunk version of you. James

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its good you've strightened out though....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Smith

    Used to read FLB a bit, seems we've been doing some of the same stuff, giving up poisons and taking up excercise. It feels good to me, as you appear to be a bushwalker I probably shouldn't say best of luck staying on the path, as a cyclist I found that going off the path tends to fracture ribs a wee bit, getting better now.

    All the best

    Glenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Smith, the people who rolled in your quirks on FLB like a dog rolls on a decomposing squirrel are re-finding you! You must be doing something right, to have folks like me seeking out your obscure blog. People flock to your style. It's so raw, so naked. And unlike before, when I thought you'd crack up by now, it seems like you've gotten healthy, with walks instead of boozing and cigarettes. I bet you're shitting better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      I feel good.

      I found my voice.

      Whatever that means.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.