Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday

(Kurt Russell in The Thing)

Yesterday, I hiked ten miles through the rice paddies.  Walking has become a weekend ritual.
 
I used to smoke like a chimney.  I loved cigarettes.  But exercise isn't half bad.  It's actually addictive.

I went to church.  The sermon revolved around Mark 13.  I have a great pastor.  He knows his bible.

Stress, anxiety, and fear are dangerous spiritual transgressions.  They blind us to the glory of God. 

The bad news?  I'm afraid of everything.  Driving, algebra, angry lesbians, Nazis, exotic dancers, Muslims, etc.  Fear is my middle name.  My demons have demons.

I took the family to McDonald's.  I had a Quarterpounder and French fries.  The meal was good.

We drove back to our Soviet-style concrete tenement.  I watched John Carpenter's The Thing.  What a wonderful movie.  Kurt Russell is a great actor.  His skills are formidable.

I prayed to the Christ God.  And why not?  I refuse to live like some misguided pagan.

I fell asleep at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m and drank coffee.

Meet the Press focused on the shooting in Connecticut.  Here's the sad truth.  I'm far too stupid to discuss an issue so tragic.  I have no answers. 

But gun ownership isn't for me.  No big surprise.  My angry wife might blow my brains out.

It's currently 7:50 p.m.  Time for Supernatural.

Anyway, I'll talk to you later.  God bless.

4 comments:

  1. A good man always knows his limitations. [/dirty harry]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Dirty Harry.

      That quote is actually from Magnum Force when Clint takes Hal Holbrook to school.

      I loved those movies so much so that I actually wanted to become a cop.

      Delete
  2. Yep Dirty Harry movies while famous are still underrated in my opinion. The first one is famous but actuially they are a nice set of movies. download time...James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge Clint Eastwood fan.

      I've seen all his movies.

      Every last one of them.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.