Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thursday

(Grave Encounters:  I liked the film.)

Yesterday, I hiked ten miles through the rice paddies.  The weather was freezing.  Nevertheless, I had a good time.  I was almost knocked over by a startled pheasant.  Go figure.

I walked to my favorite restaurant for pumpkin pie. However, the darn place was closed due to the election.  I was bitterly disappointed.

I returned to my Soviet-style concrete tenement.  A movie called Grave Encounters came on.  A documentary crew spends the night in a haunted run-down mental asylum. 

What can I tell you?  I live in South Korea, so I'm starved for entertainment.  I enjoyed the film very much--even though it was just one big cliche after another.

The Dragon Lady served duck for dinner.  The meat was very greasy.  I had to consume several glasses of Coke to avoid the squirts.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  I refuse to live like a jaded misanthrope or a dirty nihilist.  I believe in Jesus Christ and the Holy Trinity. The truth shall set us free.

I went to bed at 9:30 p.m.  I had a very strange dream about stand-up comedy.  I only had fifteen minutes of material.  But the club owner wanted me to perform for an hour.  I woke up screaming.

I drank coffee and read the Korea Times.  The citizens of the ROK elected Ms. Park as their new president.  She's the daughter of former military strong man Park Chung-hee. Her victory is a real kick in the face to the victims of the Kwangju massacre. 

The Five discussed the fiscal cliff.  I can't remember a word the panel said.  Perhaps I have Alzheimer's.

I drove Jim to school.  We listened to Deep Purple.

It's currently 5:35 p.m.  Time for dinner.

Anyway, I'll talk to you later.  God bless.

4 comments:

  1. http://chartistfriendfrompittsburgh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry.

      I erased your comment by accident.

      I'm not good with technology.

      Feel free to repost.

      Delete
  3. So what can this all mеan?

    My web sitе: definingart.org

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.