Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturday

(King David:  A warrior and a poet.)

Yesterday, I walked ten miles.  Exercise is addictive.  Plus it's great stress relief.

The hike in the morning was beautiful.  I battled heavy snowfall.  Then the temperature warmed up, and all that snow turned to rain.

When I got back to my Soviet-style concrete tenement, I was drenched to the bone.  The Dragon Lady is a clean freak.  She got weird.

"Are you clazy?  You must take da crothes off.  You make da floor dirty.  Take off da crothes!"

I enjoyed a piping hot shower.  The warm water hitting my cold flesh felt magnificent.  I desperately wanted a cigarette.  But I abstained.  

Being a former smoker is like being a recovering drug addict.  The urge never goes away.  I just try to keep busy.

I watched a film called King David.  It features Jonathan Pryce as Saul.  The movie is entertaining.  Lots of sin and violence.

David was the consummate warrior-poet.  He was also an accomplished prophet and  musician.  My personal favorite is Psalm 22.  

In the prayer, David predicts the crucifixion of Jesus a 1,000 years before the event actually occurs.  Now that's seeing the future!  The Old Testament is often quite spooky.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Our Father on bended knees.  I refuse to babble like a pagan.

I fell asleep at 11 p.m.  I had a horrible nightmare.  I woke up screaming at 7 a.m.  However, I can't remember the dream. Go figure.

I drank coffee and read the newspaper.  The Clippers keep winning.  The squad is up to fifteen in a row. They're on quite a streak.  

Being an expat is OK.  But I ain't going to lie.  I desperately miss American sports.  Especially football.

I hiked five miles to my favorite restaurant.  I ate two pieces of pumpkin pie.  I washed them down with a Dr. Pepper.

It's currently 1:15 p.m.  I'm sitting in a PC room.  I just received a disturbing email.  Google AdSense turned me down.

I'm heartbroken.  According to the experts, my blog just won't sell.  What a bummer.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless. 

17 comments:

  1. Please tell us more about the Dragon Lady. How did you meet, when did you get married and how you both ended up in Korea?

    Thanks and God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been married fourteen years.

    It's a long story.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think you may ever move back to the US.

      Happy New Year to you as well.

      Delete
    2. Yes.

      My retirement plan is to be a hobo in Miami at the age of 65.

      I want to die without a penny to my name.

      No kidding.

      Delete
    3. HaHa, good plan. Somewhere warm for us would good too. Hope to leave a small inheritance for the kids as I was favoured this way by my parents so think it only fair that I help them a bit too.

      God Bless

      Delete
  3. Too bad about Adsense. Why do you make fun of the way your wife talks? I was in Korea a few times in the 80's and found it enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife's a great person.

      But that's how she talks.

      So what's a boy to do?

      Anyway, thanks for the comment.

      And Happy New Year.

      Delete
  4. Okay, I read Mark 13
    but Jesus doesn't say
    he hates any of that stuff.

    Since your concordance
    is broken, I will tell you
    where Jesus sez he hates
    stuff:

    Rev 2:6. Look it up God
    boy and explain it to us.

    Extra credit: what is the
    difference between your
    soul and spirit?
    (Hint: Jn 4:24)

    BTW, God is looking forward
    to the events in Mark 13 b/c
    He wants to do to us as He
    endeavored to do to Moses
    in Exodus 4:24.

    "Jehovah came upon him and
    sought to put him to death".

    Why? B/c Moses was a weenie
    and refused to circumcise his
    younger son thanks to dragon lady's
    protest.

    Circumcision is what we have to
    do to the criminals in gov't
    but first you must adhere to that
    which Jesus says he hates in Rev.

    It's only gonna get weirder if
    you continue to let me post.


    Yossarian out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post whenever you feel like it.

      I'm not here to control people's thoughts.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. Sorry. I erased your comment by accident. My bad. I'm not good with technology.

      Delete
  5. Don't forget David had a guy killed so he could steal his wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guy's name was Uriah. And his wife's name was Bathsheba.

      Good stuff.

      Thanks for posting.

      Happy New Year.

      Delete
    2. So David had Uriah murdered and it is written in the Bible and ?

      Part of the Bible is like a crime blog. God did not approve of David's actions and that is what we are to take away from that story. I could be wrong, but God did not give his stamp of approval.

      I can get that from Alan Dershowitz noted lawyer. It is pretty informative to listen to him on the Old Testament.

      Delete
    3. God's will is a complete mystery to me.

      Delete
  6. this is such a weird place, both sides the post and the posters say strange things, miss connections, apart from that there really isn't anything here worth reading... go figure... must have something to bring me back, bullshit won't do it. Adsense was right.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to forgive me.

      I'm just not a pro.

      Sometimes I even delete stuff by accident.

      I'm not the brightest crayon in the box.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.