Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday

(Ben Kingsley plays Moses.)

Yesterday was freezing.  I sat on the sofa and watched movies.  I didn't have a good time.  I like to stay active.

I viewed Moses with Ben Kingsley.  Ben's a wonderful actor.  Many years ago, he won an Oscar for playing a bald Hindu.

God prevented Moses from entering Canaan.  The Lord found him far too arrogant to start a nation in a new land. The job was given to Joshua.

The failure of Moses makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  I'm an angry human being who is constantly tortured by demons.  So I have something in common with the great biblical hero of the Old Testament.  I, too, fall short in the eyes of God.

Later, I ate beef with my family while sitting on the floor. The floors in Korea are heated.  Being seated keeps one's rump nice and toasty.  Having a warm ass is a fabulous sensation.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  Jesus taught us how to talk to the Father.  I just do what I'm told.  Submission is a big part of Christianity.

I went to bed at 10 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I awoke at 8 a.m. That's ten hours of sleep.  I must have been exhausted. Normally, I'm up at the crack of dawn.  I'm marvelous that way.

I drank coffee and read the paper.  Russia no longer wants Americans to adopt Russian orphans.  I don't get it. Children need families.

I decided to go for a walk.  The Dragon Lady got upset because it was snowing outside.

She said, "Are you clazy?  You slip and fall down.  If you bleak da reg, it big plobrem. I can't dlive in da snow.  You must call da amburance."

I hiked five miles to my favorite restaurant.  I ate two pieces of walnut pie.  I washed them down with Dr. Pepper.  The meal came to eight dollars.

It's now 1 p.m.  I'm currently sitting in a PC room.  I signed up for Google AdSense.  They'll review my application. The process takes a week.  I want to make a thousand dollars a year.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

12 comments:

  1. Yeah, I don't get it. How does banning adoptions of Russian orphans by Americans really hurt anybody but the orphans? Russia seems to want to cut off its nose to spite its face. This reminds me of a continuation of Cold War jockeying between superpowers, only now it isn't nukes involved, it's kids. Sad, really...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes down to shame.

      When a nation gives up its children, it hurts the collective psyche.

      Koreans are also ashamed of foreigners adopting their babies.

      It makes them feel poor.

      Delete
  2. Do you remember the case where the American parent who adopted a Russian boy with bad behaviour problems put him on a plane to Moscow by himself, like she was returning a defective appliance or something? That's part of the basis for this. It pissed the Russians off -- you treat our kids like junk?!?

    Of course, the children turfed out for adoption are most often those with physical or mental defects. I have an American friend in Washington State who's married to a Russian mail-order bride. They adopted a girl from Kaliningrad (Russia's military colony in Germany) who has a messed-up eye, a touch of fetal alcohol syndrome and other problems, although she's turning out to be a lovely 7-year-old thanks to good parenting and American medical care. At the root of the problem is the fact that the mothers who give up their children are often drunks, drug addicts, poor, prostitutes or a combo of the above.

    There's also an element of diplomatic tit-for-tat here. This was a reaction to the Magnitsky Law passed by Congrifts. It aimed to embarrass the Russians over a lawyer who was crusading for justice and got beaten half to death in a prison there, then died all the way to death when he was denied medical care. Congrifts doesn't give a rat's ass about Magnitsky, but they want to poke Putin in the eye. So Putin pokes back.

    The point to remember is that the people in power don't care who they hurt. They're arrogant bullies on both sides with their own agendas, and if orphans have to suffer, the lives of the ants matter nothing to the elephants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I'm an ant.

      I was born an ant. And I'll die an ant.

      Delete
  3. Update.

    Putin signed the bill into law.

    No more Russian orphans can come to America.

    Putin is a heartless man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. American babies need your help as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Americans kill their unwanted babes in utero. It gives their women (I am one of them) the illusion of freedom.

      Delete
    2. Freedom comes at a price.

      Delete
    3. I'm anti-abortion to a fault.

      I actually applauded when Dr. Tiller was gunned down in a church in Kansas City.

      What does that say about me?

      I'm a lunatic.

      One should never praise murder.

      Delete
  5. As long as Dr. Pepper gets you walking in body and soul, nothing wrong with that. Best New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind wishes.

      Happy New Year.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.