Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday

(Uncle Junior is pure evil.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made hot-wings for dinner.  The meal was extra spicy.  That's OK.  I enjoy food with a kick.  We didn't use the air-fryer.  I was a tad disappointed.

I watched several episodes of The Sopranos.  I'm still on season two.  One of my favorite characters is Uncle Junior.  He epitomizes the banality of evil.  David Chase is a genius story-teller.

I couldn't sleep.  My attempts were futile.  So I took a shower at 8:30 a.m.  Then I walked ten miles through the rice paddies.  The hike felt great--even though it was freezing outside.  Exercise is wonderful stress relief.

I drove the family to church.  Driving in Korea is a nightmare.  I used the f-word several times.  My wife scolded me.

She said, "You rangrage so bad!  It disgusting.  Are you da daddy?"

The sermon was fantastic.  We studied Mark 15 as it relates to Psalm 22Psalm 22 is King David's creepiest prayer.  He predicts the crucifixion one thousand years before the actual event.  Now that's vision.

My pastor always does a great job.  He's a card-carrying member of the Ivy League Mafia.  He graduated from Yale many moons ago.  I don't hold his education against him.  I'm marvelous that way.

We went to McDonald's.  The Children of the Rice love fast food.  They stuffed their faces with French fries and McNuggets.

It's currently 11:35 p.m.  Time for coffee and television.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

12 comments:

  1. I saw your comment from yesterday sorry about your Father, mine died last year. To a much better place God bless from Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your dad.

      It gets easier.

      Be very very careful.

      Those Muslims are crazy.

      Try not to get your nuts shot off.

      No kidding.

      Peace.

      Delete
  2. I agree that the Sopranos is genius story telling. It really is a study in psychology. The most fascinating scenes for me are the ones where Tony finds himself struggling against his own humanity - usually involving his children. He has feelings that are appropriate for a father but clash with the persona he needs to uphold in order to survive in his world. The internal conflict is something awesome to behold.

    Good on you for exercising. I need to do the same. The sun is shining. The snow is all shovelled making getting around easy. A winter walk is invigorating. So, I'll do just that. See what a role model you can be? Peace to you brother Smith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie.

      I didn't walk today.

      I feel guilty.

      I just watched tv and slept.

      Perhaps I'll walk tomorrow.

      Peace.

      Delete
  3. Hey -- Sophie found your new blog! Whoring it on ZH pays off, eh?

    I usedta watch "The Sopranos" when we lived in San Francisco, circa 2003-2005. It was one of the main reasons we paid for HBO. One of the things that impressed me was the pace of the show, how there would be these long periods of mundane Mafia business, character development, mood setting, then -- BAM! ultra-violence! -- like Tony beating that weasel to death over the race horse. You've seen/read the plot details before, right? I don't want to be a spoiler.

    It got to the point where I just didn't want to watch it any more, though. Aside from the fact that it bummed my (now-X) wife out too much -- she was an over-sensitive soul -- I just didn't want that violence in my living room. Same reason why I don't watch Jerry Springer-type shows, or slasher flicks. There's enough nastiness in the real world. Why would I want to invite it into my house and drop everything else I was doing just to rivet my eyes on it? Not saying "The Sopranos" was a bad show -- it's one of the best -- but when I choose how to spend my free hours, I'm gonna do something that expands my brain. An hour spent reading ZeroHedge and other econoblogs makes me a better person than whiling away an hour on the telescreen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another great show is Deadwood.

      Have you seen it?

      Now that's entertainment!

      Delete
    2. I watched parts of Deadwood a few times way back when. There were too many "fucks" so I turned it off. I have nothing against the F-bomb, in moderation. I say it myeslf when angry, although I try to do it under my breath or in private, because I realize I look like an angry fool when I do. The yoof of today, and the street people meth-heads I deal with at work, it's all F-this and F'ing-that. I find that sort of talk to be crass and grating on my nerves. So with Deadwood, it came across as unpleasant. Not the way I wanted to spend an hour of time. Back then, I was more into Scandinavian punk rock -- they sing in English up there, and there are some great bands from Sweden and Finland which have tunes with actual song structure and lyrics you can understand, not just incoherent yelling. So I'd listen to wild music instead of Deadwood.

      Delete
    3. Deadwood is a great show.

      Why let the f-word ruin your good time?

      I used to say it all the time.

      Now I'm trying to cut back.

      Peace.

      Delete
  4. Is it a good idea to pimp my blog on ZH? Does that get a lot of traffic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. But you must be careful.

      If you get caught, the powers-that-be will burn your account.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.