Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saturday

(Lunar New Year:  Koreans prepare a meal for their dead relatives.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady went to E-Mart.  She shopped for groceries.  I didn't go.  It was too cold outside.  This winter has been quite harsh.  What poor old Smith needs is some good old-fashioned global warming.  I'm freezing to death.

My eldest son Jim has an I-pod.  I face-timed my mother and sister.  Technology is wonderful.  Mom's long-term boyfriend recently had major heart surgery.  He's doing better.  However, he contracted shingles last week, and the meds aren't working.  There's no cure for life.

We had pork and French fries for dinner.  It's my contention that pork is underrated.  The meat should be celebrated.  I blame the crazy Jews and Muslims.  Those desert people don't know shit.

I watched Supernatural.  Sam and Dean go to battle against a crazy evil spider man.  Sam's a giant.  He's bigger than Goliath.  He decapitates the creature with a single machete blow.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  No big surprise.  I'm not some filthy nihilist.  Who needs that garbage?

I went to bed at 1 a.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 7 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  Lunar New Year is right around the corner.  Korean women don't like the holiday.  They find it very stressful because they have to prepare all the goodies for the family feast.

I turned on Fox News.  There's a huge snow storm hitting the American east coast.  I spent time in Connecticut as a child.  My former town is getting blasted with two feet of snow.  Sounds like fun.

It's currently 8:30 a.m.  I'm wearing socks.  The apartment is chilly.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Mr Smith,
    Glad to see you are back. I followed FLB. Sort of miss the boozy smith of old, but i've cut down myself and recommend it for those of us that tend to overindulge. Good luck on the clean living! I like the life on the street in S Korea stuff. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sid.

      I'm getting older.

      And I have young children.

      My body needs a break.

      Delete
  2. Still appreciating the words.

    G-d Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much.

      I appreciate the kind words.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry.

      I erased your comment by accident.

      I'm not too bright.

      Technology is more for the young crowd.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.