Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thursday

(Titus Andronicus:  It's a wild ride.)

Yesterday, the Dragon Lady made egg rolls for dinner.  I ate them in bed.  They were smothered in chili sauce.  The experience was nice.

I completed season four of The Sopranos.  Ralph's murder is quite shocking.  Tony beats him to death with his fists.  Then the gangster's body is dismembered in the bathtub.  Now that's what I call entertainment.

Shakespeare's first tragedy is Titus Andronicus.  It's the most violent work of literature ever written.  Titus makes The Sopranos look like Romper Room.  There's a fabulous film adaptation featuring Anthony Hopkins and Jessica Lange.  People love blood.  Always have.  Always will.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  I believe in the resurrection and the life.  Perhaps I'm insane.

I went to bed at 11 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 7 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  A Nigerian man was arrested 30 miles south of Seoul.  He stands accused of raping a 23-year-old British woman.  She was very drunk when he lured her into his car.  Ladies need to be careful.  We live in a dangerous world.

I turned on Fox News.  O'Reilly says that young people have no respect for their elders.  He's very angry at an 18-year-old girl named Ms. Soto.  She flipped off a judge and got 30 days in jail for criminal contempt of court.  Bill thinks she had it coming.  He's as happy as a pig in shit.

I got my teeth cleaned.  The experience was quite painful.  Dental hygiene isn't my strong suit.  The poor dentist had to grind away at my choppers like he was removing barnacles from the hull of a ship.  My gums are still bleeding.

It's 4:25 p.m.  Time for dinner.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Smith,

    Good to see you back. I saw your post c/w web-link on the Idolators website (ZH) ... just seeing it made me smile.

    Glad to hear that the DL is still in tow and keeping you supplied in healthy vittles.

    You're in for a treat with the rest of the Sopranos ... it's as close to TV perfection as you can get. Can't remember (from FLB) if you got onto Breaking Bad yet. If not, then that should be your next stop.

    Don't go changing.

    Duper Mario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love breaking bad.

      Good stuff.

      Peace.

      Delete
  2. I am fascinated by your postings. Reading them makes me want to simplify my life and increase my gratitude for what is available to me. But I too am an angry sinner and there shall be no salvation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you know?

      Seriously.

      Delete
    2. The truth is that I cannot "know" - but what I do know is that I can no longer believe.

      Delete
    3. Life's strange.

      Isaiah scared the crap out of King Manasseh with his visions.

      In fact, the king was so terrified he had the prophet cut in half with a wooden saw.

      But murder and pain doesn't stop God's will.

      Nothing can.

      What is my meaning?

      I have no idea.

      Peace.

      Delete
  3. Like your blog, added it to daily favs Best J

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.