Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday

(Ray Lewis is a polarizing figure.)

Yesterday, I watched the Super Bowl.  Thank God for the internet.  I can still view sports and my favorite television shows due to technology. 

The Ravens won.  I wasn't surprised.  Baltimore seemed like a team of destiny.  They had to defeat some very tough squads--Denver, New England, etc.--to lift that trophy over their heads.

Many Americans are upset with the outcome.  Ray Lewis is a polarizing figure.  He's still remembered for the murders in Atlanta.  Jesus Christ is right.  The sun shines on the just and unjust alike.

I played NCAA Football on the Sony.  I created my own team.  Isn't that cool?  I also designed a stadium.  It's located in Maine.  My running back is in the hunt for the Heisman Trophy.  But my quarterback sucks ass.  He keeps throwing picks.  Bastard.

I'm currently enjoying season four of The Sopranos.  The gangsters are very offended when a group of Indians starts badmouthing Christopher Columbus.  Tony screams at all his underlings for acting like a bunch of sissies.  He asks them to be strong and silent like Gary Cooper.  Funny stuff. 

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  And why not?  I refuse to worship at the altar of man. 

I went to bed at 9 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 6 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  Korean comedians recently received a warning for lampooning President Park.  The peninsula isn't exactly a hotbed of free speech.  The slander and libel laws are quite draconian.  You got to watch what you say.

I turned on Fox News.  The hostage situation in Alabama is over.  The FBI shot and killed Jimmy Lee Dykes.  The little autistic boy is safe and has been returned to his family.  Mr. Dykes was a strange old coot. 

It's 7:50 p.m.  I'm sitting on the sofa.  My feet are cold.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

5 comments:

  1. I don't usually watch the Super Bowl, but having been born in Maryland and having lived in San Francisco, I felt compelled to this year. Only, I don't have a TV any more because my ex-wife took our big-screen with her when she ran off to S.F. and I don't care enough abut TV to buy a new one for however long I'm here in North America. So I went to a sports bar with about two dozen local microbrews on tap and caught the part of the game after the power failure.

    Canadians like American football. Not as much as they like the NHL, but still... The Super Bowl gets as much attention as the Grey Cup, the championship for their own football league. People here talk about American culture more than they do about their own. It's what happens when you live in the shadow of the 800-lb gorilla.

    I wanted both teams to lose. I stopped giving a damn about American football after Robert Irsay stole the Colts away to Indianapolis in the middle of the night in 1985. So what does Baltimore do a couple decades later? Steals the Browns from Cleveland! A pox on them. And my ex and all her hippie friends in San Francisco were cheering for the Niners, so let 'em cry in their bong water.

    You're from the Deep South, right? Do you ever listen to The North Mississippi AllStars? The Sopranos uses samples from a couple of their tunes as background music in the early seasons. I went out and bought their CD titled "Shake Hands With Shorty" because of what I heard. it's got some good tunes, like a bit of the Allman Brothers mixed with Lynyrd Skynyrd, heavily influenced by the blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When did you get divorced?

      I thought your wife was a nurse, too.

      Delete
    2. Am I smoking crack?

      Sometimes I get confused.

      Your divorce was recent, wasn't it?

      Don't man to pry.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the BLOG snippets about family life on the Korean Peninsula.

    I've seen the N.MS Allstars twice 2003 - 2004. They have brought the wizardy of Jr. Kimbrough and R.L Burnside and spread it throughout the country.

    Over Christmas break, I returned to my Big 10 roots. It is always a crack-up to play the N.MS.Allstars and Allman Brothers back-to-back in our old college watering hole.

    -- Anonymous in No. Colorado

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting.

      Colorado is a beautiful state.

      Alas, I'm too poor to live there.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.