Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday

(Mel Gibson: A great film director.)

Yesterday morning, I had a hankering for pumpkin pie.  So I hiked five miles to my favorite restaurant.  When I got there, the place was closed.  What a kick in the pants.  No matter.  I really needed the exercise.  Walking is great stress relief.

I returned to my Soviet-style concrete tenement.  I spent the afternoon watching CSI New York.  I pay for a cable package called Qook TV.  I get a lot of programs in English.  Plus it comes with an impressive video on demand list--not to mention phone and internet.

The Dragon Lady bought me a new pair of shoes.  She spent 100 dollars.  That's way too much for my liking.  Poor old Smith is an off-brand kind of guy.

I had steak for dinner.  My wife burned the meal.  But I didn't complain.  I just smiled and ate my vittles.  I'm a marvelous human being.

I viewed a Mel Gibson movie.  He plays a cop in Boston.  I'm still pissed at Gibson.  He's a man of great vision.  I love The Passion of the Christ, Braveheart, and Apocalypto.  Those films are so powerful that they'll burn a hole in your brain.

Anyway, Mel's next opus was supposed to be a Viking flick starring Leonardo DiCaprio.  Then the idiot got drunk and badmouthed the Jews.  Being an anti-Semite in Hollywood is suicide.  Now his career's in the toilet.  I'm a sensitive boy.  I mourn his fall.  The world lost a great artist.

I prayed to the Christ God.  I said the Our Father on bended knees.  I refuse to babble like a pagan.

I went to bed at 7 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 3 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  A Korean man got caught selling 10 tabs of ecstasy in the Philippines.  He was given a life sentence.  Talk about harsh.  Asians are real strict when it comes to drugs.  They have zero tolerance for dope.

I turned on Fox News.  There's a hostage crisis in Alabama.  A strange old coot named Jimmy Lee Dykes murdered a school bus driver with a pistol.  Then he stole a five-year-old autistic boy.  The FBI is working feverishly to rescue the child.  What a nightmare.

It's currently 5:35 a.m.  I shall walk another ten miles.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, Smith. I saw you on ZH again. I have to admit it makes me grin when I see you pop up in yet another incarnation and some idiots there, with no sense of humour, can't figure out how you got through again. We'll see how long you last this time. "Tenacious" is your middle name.

    Yes, Mel really went off the rails some time ago. I agree with you that he is an amazing director. I love Apocalypto. Can't convince anyone I know to watch it because as soon as they realize there are sub-titles, it a no-go. I almost think a man must be a little "mad" to make a movie that startlingly good. He must have a vision of some sort. So, maybe his getting drunk, losing his mind and calling a female cop "Sugar Tits" shouldn't be so shocking. That fine line between genius and insanity, right? I'm probably giving him too much credit though.

    Sorry, you missed your pie. Life is just a long series of disappointments followed by periods of bitter despair. But, hey, tomorrow's another day! Hang in there.

    Peace to you brother Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those guys really hate me.

    I don't know why.

    If you don't like the blog, don't click the link.

    What's the big deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your blog through ZH, its GREAT keep up the great entries, you have a FAN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris.

      I appreciate the kind words.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.