Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday

(Pizza Hut in Korea is way too expensive.)

Yesterday, we went to Pizza Hut for dinner.  I can't eat cheese, so I had to order my pie with just sauce and pepperoni.  The meal was delicious.  However, the price tag was far too high.  77 freaking dollars. 

Poor old Smith isn't made of money.  No more restaurants.  I've decided to chain the Dragon Lady to the stove instead.  That should save us a few bucks.

We drove back to our Soviet-style concrete tenement.  I helped Jim set up his new Samsung computer.  It came equipped with Windows 8.  I don't know jack about technology.  But my boy is all excited.

I watched a show called Shameless.  I downloaded it here.  It's a strange series about a white trash family  living in Chicago.  I'm not sure if I like the program.  I'll have to give it some careful thought.

I'm still enjoying season five of The Sopranos.  Feetch Lamana--played by veteran actor Robert Loggia--is becoming a huge problem.  Tony will probably kill him.

I paid homage to the Christ God.  I said the Lord's Prayer on bended knees.  I refuse to babble like a pagan.

I went to bed at 11 p.m.  I didn't dream.  I woke up at 8 a.m.  I drank coffee and read the paper.  Three North Korean medical doctors were slaughtered in Nigeria.  One was actually beheaded.  Radical Islamists are taking credit for the murders. 

Make no mistake.  Muslims are nuts.  I don't want to sound like a bigot.  But you can't run from the truth.  Those freaking lunatics will be the death of us all.  Just wait till they get their filthy hands on weaponized small pox.  Wow.  Scary stuff.

I turned on Fox News.  The man who killed Bin Laden has been discharged from the Navy.  He and his family have no income or health insurance.  Not a surprise.  America often throws its veterans under the bus.

It's currently 11:30 a.m.  I might go for a walk.

Anyway, talk to you later.  God bless.

12 comments:

  1. Try the original UK Shameless. The first few seasons are great,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to remember you posted about Mad Mel Gibson a week or so ago. He remade Edge of Darkness movie from the original UK series. Great TV. Give The Singing Detective a go too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Edge of Darkness a recent release.

      I love Mel.

      The guy's a genius.

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a stretch. Us, now includes North Koreans? The Muslims are equal opportunity haters I guess. Can't wait to hear how the DL takes to the stove.

    Gawain Gregor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll take it in stride.

      My wife is a domestic goddess.

      Delete
  4. It was made in early to mid 1980s. Really depressing in the way only the Poms can do. The soundtrack was done by Eric Clapton.

    I really rate UK drama from the 1980s and 1990s. A more recent series from Brits worth checking out is Shadow Lines. But these days it is the Americans who really excel at TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out--if I can find it.

      The older stuff is harder to dig up.

      Delete
  5. Hi tried to post yesterday but it ate my post! Best too you! Jay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about weaponized smallpox. I read a number of explanations about weaponizing germs related to the anthrax attacks in the U.S. that happened in 2002. (Now THERE was a false-flag attack if there ever was one!) It's hard to make massive quantities of germs - takes incubation in egg yolks or other sophisticated media, and it doesn't "scale up" easily. It's hard to engineer a powder or aerosol substance in such a way that it can be blown around easily while the germs stick to the substance and don't die from exposure to oxygen. And speaking of exposure, the ways you have to handle such stuff so the handler doesn't die from accidentally inhaling it are hella complicated. Then there's the matter of how do you spread the weaponized germs in a large enough way to inflict maximum harm. It's not like you can toss plastic bags of it on a hundred street corners in a hundred different cities. In short, it's not something that goat-humpers in caves could handle. It would take a nation-state actor like the CIA or FSB.

    Now animal hoof-and-mouth disease; that's another story. If there actually WAS an international terrorist organization (something I have my doubts about -- it seems like all the best terror plots are deceptions caused by intelligence agencies who are keen to create enemies to justify the budgets they get paid to battle them) they would introduce this disease to the food herds of Western countries. That wouldn't kill humans, but it would devastate the food production system of the Western countries and cause economic chaos. THAT'S what you should worry about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably crazy.

      But I really do believe we'll exterminate our own species.

      The technology is now available.

      So why not?

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Smith.